Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Web 2.0 Cool Tools

I think my favorite tool that we researched and discovered throughout this course is the screencast and videos. There is a real practicality in being able to grab your video and audio from any lesson, record it, and post it for student playback. I can see how this would help students who were struggling with content, catch students up who missed a class, or for students who wanted to work ahead in a flipped classroom manner.

Screencasting could also be used by students to collaborate, publish, and teach their peers. Studies show that whatever you teach, you learn. So why not have students create these screencasts on a particular topic in a unit and then present the information to their classmates. They could even post these screencasts on your class wiki!

For my screencast I used SMART recorder and a microphone to tape my 'lesson' for my students. It was really simple to accomplish!

No comments:

Post a Comment