Monday, June 2, 2014

Using blogs with my students...

I can absolutely see utilizing blogs in my classroom. I have even started to create a blog for my business law class next year (http://hononegahbusinesslaw.blogspot.com/). I plan on utilizing this blog to find reputable RSS feeds, articles, and publications for which I can direct students when they are completing research. I also find it very valuable to consider utilizing blogs to the capacity listed below:

Blogs can be used for: • Communicating with students
• Archiving and publishing student work
• Facilitating peer review
• Linking to book reviews
• Publishing class projects
• Keeping a list of RSS feeds/bookmarks
• Publishing journals – reflections/thoughts

This information was taken from my TEC 950 course at Fresno Pacific University.I could see expanding my business law blog to incorporate students reflections and case summaries and allowing them to comment and peer review.

No comments:

Post a Comment