Monday, June 16, 2014

Photo Sharing

I enjoyed creating (or should I say updating) my Flickr account. I see that I can no longer access the account through my Gmail account, so I had to create a Yahoo account. I must admit creating all of these accounts and sharing all of this information has me worried about privacy issues. I did go into my Flickr account and set many of the settings to more private uses. I realize this is not ideal for photo sharing, but I plan on setting up a separate account for educational purposes.

I could see utilizing Flickr in the classroom, as stated in our assignment readings this week for:
  • Students could create a photo field trip of a selected state, destination, or country using online pictures.
  • The teacher could post a picture, on a blog for instance, and use it as a story starter.
  • Pose a weekly problem to solve with pictures added to the problem.
  • Students could annotate photographs as part of an art history course.
  • Students could create a collage with photos and comments.
  • Students can add photos to group presentations.
I especially like the idea of the photo field trip for my international business class. When students are studying a countries culture, they could create a photo field trip to that country to visually describe the culture of a nation.


NETS-S:
5. Digital Citizenship: students understand human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical uses.

Common Core:

Craft and Structure:

CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RST.11-12.4
Determine the meaning of symbols, key terms, and other domain-specific words and phrases as they are used in a specific scientific or technical context relevant to grades 11-12 texts and topics.
This could include the interpretation of visual elements including images.



No comments:

Post a Comment