Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Social Bookmarking...

    I enjoyed creating and adding to my Delicious social bookmarking web site. It was easy to use and make so much sense! I started by going to all my bookmarks and tagging those pages. Then I took some other examples off of  Professor Bennett's web site (https://delicious.com/maryebennett). The simplicity and practicality of social bookmarking makes all the sense in the world. I even tagged all of the resources we have used thus far in this class!
    I could see myself using social bookmarking in my classroom by having students setup accounts to link to web sites in which they have gain research information from for a major project. This would allow students to easily track their sources in which they need to cite. It would also allow students to incorporate technology into a lesson. For instance, my Business I class completes a project on the economic history of America. As students search for information on Postwar Prosperity they can tag all of the web sites they use. Thus they can easily go back to these sites everyday to gather information and for citing purposes.
 https://delicious.com/cvanderheyden
This lesson/activity supports the Common Core and will meet one or more of the NETS-S.

Common Core

Integration of Knowledge and Ideas:

CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.11-12.7
Integrate and evaluate multiple sources of information presented in different media or formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively) as well as in words in order to address a question or solve a problem.


NETS-S
3.  Research and Information Fluency: Students apply digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use information.
b. locate, organize, analyze, evaluate, synthesize, and ethically use information from a variety of sources of media.

No comments:

Post a Comment